Tonia Khouri On Lowering Taxes For DuPage County (VIDEO)
Tonia Khouri appeared as a guest on the Illinois Rising Radio on AM 560 with Dan Proft and Joe Kaiser to talk about DuPage County, property taxes, the 49th District, progressive income tax proposals, and running a business in Illinois.
- High property taxes are the main concern of residents in the district. People are being overtaxed and they’ve had enough.
- The reason Tonia entered the race is the 32% state income tax hike without any reforms.
- Illinois has to stop looking at the revenue side of the budget and begin working on the spending and reform side.
- It’s wrong for the government to continually reach into the taxpayers’ pockets instead of making tough decisions and reforms.
- The progressive tax is not a “rich man tax”, it’s an unfair tax on everyone that is bad for taxpayers and bad for businesses.
- If we keep overburdening taxpayers, they’re going to keep fleeing the state of Illinois, already suffering from outmigration.
- Small businesses create 63% of net new jobs and jobs change people’s lives.
- Across the board, people are being taxed to death and they can’t take it anymore. Tonia will be their voice in Springfield.
“I’M GOING TO SPRINGFIELD TO DEFEND OUR HOMES, REPRESENT THE PEOPLE’S INTERESTS AND STOP THE RAISING OF PROPERTY TAXES.”